125 Contact Hours
25 Lecture Hours
100 Lab Hours
4.0 Credit Hours
The final processes and procedures students will need to know to prepare for employer weld tests are taught in our Welding Capstone class. As the last course of their training, students practice GMAW, SMAW, and GTAW on a range of metals in various positions.
- Select tungsten electrodes for thin alloy welding of stainless steel and aluminum.
- Execute GTAW on stainless steel and aluminum.
- Learn the heat setting for thin gauge applications.
- Use GMAW, SMAW, and GTAW to perform 3G, 5G, and 6G welding in multiple combinations with bend tests.
- Practice welding downhill in the 5G position.
- Prepare for employer weld tests.
- Pipeline Welding