Are you letting the fear of paying for tuition and other expenses hold you back from going to trade school?
Don’t let it. You have options.
Not only can you apply for FAFSA, Pell Grants and other state and federal aid funding, but also scholarships just for Arizona students.
Check out these 6 local scholarship opportunities.
Get Started on the Path to a New Career
Fill out our form to learn how we can help you change your life.
Arizona Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership
The Arizona Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (AzLEAP) provides scholarships to Arizona students who are able to show financial need.
- U.S. citizenship or eligible noncitizen
- Arizona residency
- Show financial need: Fill out FAFSA and meet eligibility requirements for the Federal Pell Grant.
- At least half-time enrollment in a nationally or regionally accredited Arizona vocational school
- Meet school’s academic progress requirements
- Average award: $1,000 per academic year.
- Maximum award: $2,500 per academic year.
The Rotary Vocational Fund of Arizona
Students who are sponsored by the Rotary Club in Arizona can apply for The Rotary Vocational Fund of Arizona (TRVFA).
- Apply for FAFSA.
- Provide a copy of your Student Aid Report.
- Show proof of enrollment in an Arizona trade school.
- Be a legal resident of the state.
- If you live on your own and are considered financially independent, your income must be equal to or less than $17,820.
- If you live with your parents and they claim you as a dependent on their tax return, you will need to show that family income levels do not exceed 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Level. The exact income levels vary slightly every year to account for inflation.
- A one-time grant of $3,000 to approved applicants
Credit Union West High School Senior Scholarship
High school seniors can get help paying for trade school with a scholarship from Credit Union West.
- Primary Credit Union West membership
- Yavapai or Maricopa County graduating high school student
- 2.5 or higher cumulative high school GPA
- Full-time trade school enrollment
- A total of $5,000 will be awarded to five graduating high school seniors ($1,000 to each).
Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation Scholarships
The Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation (AFFCF) awards scholarships to students who grew up in foster care.
- Applicants who were wards of the state up to their 18th birthdays or who signed a voluntary with the Department of Child Safety after turning 18
- Enrolled in a vocational school offering HVAC education, welding classes or other technical courses
- Specific documentation in order to receive funding for each semester
- Students who drop out of school or fail classes may have funding revoked.
- This scholarship fund provides $1,000 per semester for two school semesters a year.
Scholarships for Women
Some scholarships are tailored specifically to support the educational ambitions of women.
Live Your Dream Award – Soroptimist International Phoenix
Every year, Soroptimist International Phoenix accepts applications for the Live Your Dream Award.
- Women who apply for this scholarship must provide primary support for themselves and their families.
- They must be enrolled in or accepted at a vocational school.
- A Social Security or Tax Identification Number is also required.
- First Level: Up to $1,000 is given to more than 1,300 female applicants.
- Region Level: Between $3,000 and $5,000 are awarded, in addition to the $1,000 to more than 100 first-level recipients.
- International Level: An additional $10,000 is awarded to 3 region-level recipients.
Black Women’s Task Force Scholarship
The Black Women’s Task Force scholarship provides funding to African American women in southern Arizona.
- Applicants must be attending or accepted to a vocational school.
- They also have to show financial need.
- Awards range from $750 to $1,000.
Scholarships for HVAC Training
If you need funding for your vocational training in Arizona, scholarships can help. Applying for as many as you qualify for and financial aid could make a big difference in the cost of trade school for you.
Thinking about becoming an HVAC technician? Check out The Refrigeration School’s PlumbersStock Video Scholarship Contest.
Learn more about scholarships for your trade school education:
- 5 Tips for Writing a Personal Statement for an HVAC Scholarship
- 7 Steps to Make Your Scholarship Application Shine
- A Student’s Guide to HVAC Scholarships