- Are classes offered online or outside Phoenix, Arizona?
- How long are the programs?
- What time are the classes offered?
- How do I know if I am eligible for financial aid?
- Do you accept the GI Bill®?
- What kind of job can I get when I get out of school?
- What will I receive at the end of the program?
- Do you have financial aid?
- Do we get any time off for holidays?
- Is R.S.I. accredited?
- How much does it cost to attend R.S.I.?
- Would you send information to my son, daughter, spouse or friend about your programs?
- Is the Associate of Occupational Studies a recognized degree?
- Will my credits from RSI transfer to other schools?
- How long does the job placement and career services assistance benefit last after graduation?
- What if I need a job while I’m in school?
- I’ve been out of school for a while. Does RSI offer tutoring assistance if I need it?
1. Are classes offered online or outside Phoenix, Arizona?Our only campus is in Phoenix, Arizona. If you are not within commuting distance you will need to consider your ability and resources for relocation while attending training. Our Associate of Occupational Studies in Mechanical Maintenance Engineering Program, however, is a blend of on campus and online learning. The first 9 months consist of the completion of the on campus Electro-Mechanical Technologies program. Upon completion of the first 9 months, students can complete the coursework for the second 6 months online.
2. How long are the programs?It depends on which program you want and what time of the day you choose. We specialize in accelerated, skill specific programs, and career services assistance upon completion. Therefore, day students may attend as little as six months or as long as 14 months, depending on their educational goals. Students attending night classes will have longer course lengths.
3. What time are the classes offered?Morning Classes are 7:30am to 12:30pm Monday through Friday. Afternoon Classes are 12:45pm to 5:45pm Monday through Friday. Evening Classes are 6pm to 10pm Monday through Thursday.
4. How do I know if I am eligible for financial aid?After you speak with an Admissions Representative to determine eligibility for enrollment and complete an application you may complete the FAFSA online. Use school code 014127 on the FAFSA form to determine school. Contact us once you have completed this process and we will assist you with your next steps to determine what types of financial aid that you may qualify for. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
5. Do you accept GI Bill®?Yes, we do and we have a veteran’s coordinator here on campus to assist you in applying for these benefits. Benefits are available to those who qualify.
6. What kind of job can I get when I get out of school?While we cannot promise employment, the type of job you can get depends on what side of the industry you choose to get into – anything from HVAC Technician to Facility Maintenance and will be based on employer requirements. See our Career Options.
7. What will I receive at the end of the program?Once you have successfully completed your educational program, you may be awarded either a diploma or degree upon completion of the entire program.
8. Do you offer financial aid?Yes, we do have a Financial Aid Department that can assist you with any questions and processing your application for Financial Aid which consists of both grants and student loans. You can complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Use school code 014127.
9. Do we get any time off for holidays?Yes, we have a list of holidays that the school recognizes.
10. Is RSI accredited?Yes, RSI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
11. How much does it cost to attend RSI?Tuition varies from one program to another. In any case, tuition and actual out-of-pocket cost may be completely different things depending on your financial aid eligibility. Speak with an Admissions Representative for more information about tuition. All programs are subject to a registration fee of $50.00.
12. Would you send information to my son, daughter, spouse or friend about your programs?We would be happy to. Click here for more information
13. Is the Associate of Occupational Studies a recognized degree?Yes. It is approved by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education. A benefit of this type of degree is that technical and general education courses are applied to the occupation for which training is intended.
14. Will my credits from RSI transfer to other schools?Graduates of the Associate of Occupational Studies degree program can apply to transfer their credits to the University of Phoenix (UOP) under an articulation agreement between the two institutions. This relationship allows RSI graduates to access higher-level education at UOP campuses across the country and around the world seamlessly and efficiently. Credits from other programs may or may not be transferable. This can only be determined by the receiving institution and you must speak with them directly. RSI has no control over how or if credits are transferable to other institutions.
15. How long does the career services assistance benefit last after graduation?As a graduate in good standing, you will have access to Career Services as often as necessary and for as long as necessary. You are always encouraged to exploit all options in your career, but you can have the security of knowing the professionals in the RSI Career Services Department are there for you.
16. What if I need a job while I’m in school?Many students work part or full time while in school. For current listings of job opportunities you should review other listings such as Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com, or Jobing.com.
17. I’ve been out of school for a while. Does RSI offer tutoring assistance if I need it?Any student who believes he or she has a need for additional assistance should immediately bring the issue to the attention of their instructor, who will initiate the process for tutoring services.
Not finding the answers you're looking for?
The RSI team is here to help. Contact us today